NEW: OSPN Survey!
The Ottawa Senior Pride Network (OSPN) is launching a demographic SURVEY so we have a better understanding of the profile and needs of our members and allies. Everyone who is on our email list or has “liked” our Facebook page is considered a member or ally and is being invited to complete this survey.
Vital Services/Info during the COVID-19 Epidemic
Crisis Lines and Support
Call the Distress Centre’s Crisis Line 24/7 at (613) 722-6914 if you are experiencing a mental health crisis yourself, or know someone who is.
Interligne is a first response centre that provides help and information to those concerned with sexual orientation and gender diversity. Call or text toll-free 24/7 at 1 (888) 505-1010.
A Friendly Voice
(613) 692-9992 or toll-free outside of Ottawa at 1 (855) 892-9992
What A Friendly Voice is:
- A Friendly Voice is a telephone friendly visiting line for seniors.
- Every day of the year, our trained volunteers are available to receive calls. Our volunteers visit with the callers and, when asked, can help identify programs and services in their community for the senior to contact.
What A Friendly Voice is not:
- A Friendly Voice is not a counselling service, distress or crisis line nor emergency service. Any calls of that nature will result in immediate contact or referral to the appropriate responders, agency or service.
- A Friendly Voice is not a referral service.